The Government of Canada has announced the COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for Cultural, Heritage and Sport Organizations to help address the complex needs of organizations in this sector.
How much will be available?
The fund will be $500 million for 2020-2021, and is intended for organizations that will not qualify for the existing wage subsidy programs. The fund will provide liquidity for organizations dealing with irregular revenue, and subsidies to cover fixed costs.
What organizations and businesses are eligible?
- Canadian not-for-profit cultural, heritage and arts organizations
- National Sports Organizations, Multi-sport Service Organizations, and Canadian Sport Centres and Institutes
- Canadian journalistic organizations
- Canadian book publishers
- Canadian production companies that work in the film or television industries
- Organizations in the music industry
- Television and radio broadcasters
- Recipients of the Digital Citizen Initiative