March 25th, 2020
AGLC allows modified use of charitable gaming proceeds during COVID-19 outbreak
The Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission recognizes that non-profit and charitable groups may need expanded use of proceeds in order to maintain key charitable programs while addressing impacts of the crisis.
The following uses are eligible without the requirement for submission of forms normally used for these requests:
- Facility: groups that normally use a maximum 50 per cent use from gaming proceeds may use 100 per cent for operating expenses at this time.
- Wages/Salaries: groups may use gaming proceeds any positions that provide charitable services, even if the group is not able to carry out normal operations during the crisis.
- Emergency Assistance: groups may use gaming proceeds to assist members or individuals who are facing dire or serious circumstances.
- Donations: groups may use gaming proceeds for donations to other licensed groups or non-licensed groups to assist with charitable purposes. If the donation is made outside Alberta or Canada, AGLC staff are available to provide prior approval using the out of country donation request form, along with the Statutory Declaration and Recipient Agreement forms.
- Canadian Red Cross: groups may use gaming proceeds for emergency purposes relating to COVID 19 anywhere in the world if the proceeds are provided directly to the Canadian Red Cross.
- Aid of the Distressed: groups may use gaming proceeds for programs and services that address issues of social concern such as poverty, mental or physical illness, or disability.
- Case by case: upon request, gaming proceeds may be considered for other uses not included above. Please contact AGLC directly at email@example.com with the subject line “COVID 19 UOP Request.”